Saturday, October 4, 2014

First Day of Yoga

 “You may keep your feet up, and you may not,” is what the Yoga instructor said.  I smiled.  Everything is as it should be.  Everything is perfect.
For years, I had abandoned my body. I mean, it was a means to fulfilling my mental and spiritual wishes! I had heard all the cliches: Your Body is Your Temple; Body, Mind and Spirit integration, etc.  But today I discovered Yoga. Oh, I had known about Yoga for years and my sister and all my friends raved about it.  But alas, I couldn’t be bothered.  Until today.
“Choose your venture,  whatever you like to do today!” The Yoga instructor said gently.
 As I struggled to keep my toes off the matt I realized that today, I took the first step to becoming the Peace Warrior I already AM! Yes! Today, I quit smoking, went to Yoga, swam, enjoyed the hot tub and felt at peace with my body in a long time.
A blessed thank you to all of you who supported me getting here, especially my beloved sister, Nooshin.
Love, Y
Niloo



No comments:

Post a Comment